Monday, August 20, 2012

Back to School Layout

Since there are only two more days of official summer here and then it's back to school for the kids!!! this summer has just FLOWN by and time to get back to books, school lunches, and.... homework.. ACK!!!!

Today at the Practical Scrappers blog, the theme is Back to School Layouts and Cards. I created this layout of the kids first day of school last year, and soon I will be doing another page with this year's new photo. The kids seem like they have grown up sooo much in the last year!!! crazy how that happens too quickly.
I used the Fancy Pants line Off to School, which I was lucky enough to win from their blog last year and I am still in LOVE with it. It's such a great school line for both boy and girl pages!!!
I splashed some misting along the page:
This pencil overlay is perfect!!! to run your eye down the side of the page:
And a fun banner with twine for the corner to finish it off:
So when do your kids start school? or have they already started??? can't wait to capture that first day with their new clothes, backpacks, and excited smiles for their new teachers!!!
Happy Monday!!!!

6 comments :

  1. This is AWESOME!!! I loveeeeeeeee that photo, the misting, the banner...and love love love love that pencil paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun, that pencil overlay is so cute! I love your misting. I'm too afraid to use mine, I feel like I'm going to "mess" up my LO. The kids start back the 29th, good luck to yours this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you rocked this back to school LO with the great paper and misting!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a perfect school time layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfect-o :) and i love sydneys shirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SYDNEY's shirt is sooooo CUTE. hehe
    Great layout friend. Plus I love your blog's wall. so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments!