Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sketches in Thyme #87

Tiffany has such a super cool new sketch posted to play along with at Sketches in Thyme.. there are sooo many possibilities with this sketch, I know I will be using it again soon in a totally different way...

Here is what I came up for the sketch this week:
 I used some Pink Paislee Prairie Hill collection for this page.. I have been just hoarding this paper cuz it's sooo cool!! love the mix of colors and fun patterns on it.. it's great guy/boy paper too.

Here is sketch #87:
I added lots of machine stitching, some washi tape and then cut out the chevron strips:
 I also added some bling throughout the circles on the paper to add a fun texture.
And lastly, I added some random doodling, to make some of the shapes pop out. This worked great towards the ScrapFIT warmup challenge #30 to use doodling on your layout.
And yes those are my stinkin cute lil nephews... They came down at Easter break and we got to spend some time with those lil cuties..

Hope ya have a good one!!!!

9 comments :

  1. Oh wendi, those two sure are cute! Love your chevrons, washi tape and design! Cool page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool layout! I want to work with this line again real soon maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I love love love this one!!! LOVING that photo, the chevrons and loving the colors from that PP paper!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such little cuties!!!
    love your chevron strips girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really great! I love how you doodled around the shapes and chevron stripes! Just so fun and you've done your photo proud with this layout! Love it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at ScrapFit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy oh boy, you can see a spunky attitude in this photo!!! I bet they are a lot of fun to be with. Love the design and the random black brands in your circles!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wondered who those cuties were. Love your page and you made me laugh about hoarding the paper. I do the same thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool page! I love the chevrons...they really catch the eye. Love how you doodled around the diamond shapes, and the paper collection you used is gorgeous! So glad you worked out with us at ScrapFIT :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments!