Thursday, September 12, 2013

This Matters

Hello and good morning...

Today I'm up over on the Practical Scrappers blog sharing a layout that I recently made of my lil cutie. I've really enjoyed doing pages of my lil one. My older kids are getting bigger and I don't have as many photo opportunities like I used to, so this lil one is going to have quite the album full of pages.

I love to scrap the everyday moments and really enjoy capturing  my kids each day happiness and funny or quirky expressions. This photo was taken after she had eaten and was just hanging out on the couch being pretty cute. I used some older Teresa Collins papers from the Tell Your Story collection.
I took several of the papers that used newsprint/wording on them and mixed and matched them through out the page.
 I fussy cut several of the larger flowers and then added some bling to the centers:
 I fussy cut the banner shapes and added pop dots to make them stand off the page and some twine:
I also added a border punch using a Kreaxions punch to add some texture and then topped it off with several of the wording stickers:

Of course I added just a bit of journaling to the page, of who, what, and when. Even though this page didn't call for alot of journaling, I at least like to add the basics so I can remember when the photo was taken.

So don't leave your camera in it's case. Keep it out, and capture those everyday moments, the smiles, the tears, the funny faces, and their personalities...


Thanks for stopping by, have a good one!!!!

6 comments :

  1. Love the banner & the fussy cutting! And as always, I love the texture and the layers! Awesome job Wendi! Such a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love love love the colors, the layers and the banner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful page of a super cutie pie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous page for this oh so adorable everyday photo!! Love the fussy cut flowers and cute banner!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this layout!!!! The banner is soooo cute. I am lucky that my oldest still loves her photo taken (for now) but has taken to putting on silly faces :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your banner and fussy cut flowers. Adorable page!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments!