Thursday, February 26, 2015

Play Ball- Scrappin Our Stash Blog Hop.

Hello and good morning...

Happy Friday!!!! yay for the weekend coming up, I don't know what happened this week, but I am soooo ready for the weekend to start....

You should have arrived her from the lovely Bobbi on the Use Your Stash blog hop....

Today I am sharing a layout with you using a realllly old Echo Park mini kit called Grand Slam from 2012!!! I didn't even realize I had it in my stash, till I started pulling out some old EP collection packs. Well I knew it was perfect since I had a stack full of baseball pics that were in need of being scrapped on my desk.


Since my son plays catcher and the home plate is his, I thought this quote was perfect to add:


I added some ink splats but they were taking forever to dry, so I dabbed this with tissue and created a blurred ink effect. Of course stars are always a great sports page accent:


I used the Feb 15 Stuck sketch for the layout.

Now you are off to check out what the talented Monica has created....

Thanks sooo much for stopping by and hope you have a wonderful Friday!!!!

18 comments :

  1. I love your layout...such great layering, and I love that quote you put on there - it fits perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic page Wendi and a nice quote you added! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quote Wendi, perfect! Fabulous layers and design. Enjoy your Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love this!! LOVING the colors, the distressing and the baseballs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome layout! The papers are great, the colors wonderful and the quote is completely perfect! I love the stitching, too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG friend, I LOVE this, the balls and the awesome colors, it looks like this line was made for you!!! May be one of my fav sports layouts ever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great layering and distressing...this layout rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow such a great masculine page, love the colours and the addition of the extra photo! Thanks for playing along with us over at Stuck?! Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous, guy page! So many perfect elements to really bring home (No pun intended.) your baseball theme! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know I am going to love this one!! :) Isn't it great when you find old papers that you forgot about?? Great page!! If you ever need quick "Baseballs" as embellishments... I just used my circle punch and drew the red lines. I was desperate and it turned out pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your baseball layout! The Work Hard, Play hard reminds me of the song. LOVE how you did the balls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The photograph of your son with his back turned is very beautiful! Love the layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am loving this page Wendi!! So awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your sports page Wendi! I love the masculine feel and the kraft background!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is such an awesome quote, and so perfect for your page! How exciting finding stash you didn't know you had. Love your sports page!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments!