Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Oh Cutie.

Hello and good morning...

Happy Tuesday... I'm up over on the My Scraps & More blog.

Today I am sharing a layout with you from the latest Got Talent challenge contest going on, you can either play along in the forum or on the My Scraps & More facebook page. For this challenge, since we ALL have tons of patterned papers, I decided that it would be fun to make our own pattern paper. This is a great technique to help ensure that your papers match your photos or whatever you are trying to highlight.

I made this page, mainly using Cocoa Vanilla's Hello Lovely collection, but I added three of my own homemade patterned papers.


For my first paper, I made a script pattern, writing a sweet note of my little cutie. I punched a border on the side and added it under the pink graph paper:


Next I created an ombre misted paper, that matched exactly with her skirt in the photo:


Lastly I made a flower watercolor paper, using a stamped image:


Next I added some sharpie pen coloring inside the flowers:


To top it off, I added some watercoloring with pencils and used a blender pen to color the image in, giving it more of a "soft" feel. Again pulling colors from her dance outfit:


So get creative... what technique would you use to create your own patterned paper???

Thanks sooo much for stopping by and have a great day!!!

4 comments :

  1. Love your home made papers, fabulous layers and title! Wonderful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS!! I love love love love the layers, the papers you made and that adorable photo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving all of your distressed layers!! Gorgeous page Wendi!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!! Love that you created your own papers!! Amazing page with fantastic distressing of papers. And she is a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments!