Sunday, April 24, 2011

Nuts About Sketches Week# 158

A new sketch from Shawn at Nuts About Sketches is up and posted for Week 158 and ready to be played along with. Plus don't forget about her birthday week long sketch week coming up!!!! It's going to be jammed packed with super fun sketches!!!
Here is my take on the sketch:

I used Cosmo Cricket's Salt Air line.. ahhhh perfect for those summer photos, esp the beach ones. Last summer, the kids finally were old enough to get the hang out boogie boarding. They used the ones that grandma and grandpa had in the garage and had a blast at the beach... I think if we lived there, Austin would be a surfer already. Our kids are such water lovers.


For this wave, I fussy cut out a wave off of a paper, and then added the chipboard on some of the splashes to make it pop out and of course, a bit of bling too:

Had to use the Beach Boys for some inspiration for my title: "Lets Go Surfin Now"

I choose to stick with many a monochromatic.. well almost, lots of blues, greens, and fun water tones:

1 comment :

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments!