Friday, February 10, 2012

Hangin With Dad

I've kinda been having fun, finding some older photos and scrappin them... I might have to do this more often. Not that I don't love scrapping new, fresh photos, I just kinda enjoy looking back at how much the kids have grown, and how far they've come. This photo is of Jeremy and Austin from the first year that we lived in Utah.. LOVE those tender moments.
I used the Boys Rule Feb sketch for this page. Also I played along with the Child's Play Challenge blog, that I am on the DT for.. .the challenge paper in the back, and topped in on this week is Lincoln logs.. I pulled the red and green from the photo, plus added some wooden button embellies, and a woodgrainkraft paper.. that's how I was inspired.
I also used A Boy's Life collection from Echo Park for this page.. it's perfect boy paper..

"a moment captured" and a pennant banner w/ twine:
I added distressing and some machine stitching too:
Happy Friday!!!!!

14 comments :

  1. awesome layout! i love that you don't feel pressured to scrap chronologically...so many do and sometimes that can take the fun out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great take on the challenge - I really like the colors and the design you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous layout!! Great take on the sketch!! Such a sweet moment, and love the paper!! Thanks so much for playing along at Boys Rule!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful take on the sketch at Boys Rule.....I really like the colors you chose to use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful photo and layout! Terrific job with the sketch. Love your distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great LO and great photo of a special moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Wendi!! What an awesome page!!! Great photo as well, the perfect memory to cherish. Thanks for joining us at Child's Play!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your layout - such a gorgeous photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Layout, I need to start scrapping some of my older photos too. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this design ! Great Photo !! It's so lively

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this design. Great photo ! It's so lovely !

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this design ! Great photo ! It's so lovely !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute! Thanks for playing along at Childs Play Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments!