Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Halloween Altered Project

Good Morning..
I am soooo excited to share that I made the Original Scrapbook USA Expo DT team!!!! I am SUPER excited for this, since it's the expo in Utah, that I have gone to for years!!!

I am a HUGE fan of Halloween, and it is our family's favorite holiday here at the house. We love to go to the pumpkin patch, corn mazes, dress up, and trick or treat. I also LOVE to decorate and make the house fun and spooky.

I decided to make a fun altered Halloween project, that would be perfect as a centerpiece on the table, up on the mantle or almost anywhere in the house. Another idea, would be to fill it with candy and give it to someone special.

For this project I used the DCWV Halloween & Fall stack, DCWV Halloween embellishment flip pack.
All I did was take a plastic box and then cover it with the spider web paper and fussy cut out the 31, the pumpkin and the Trick or Treat from various papers.
Next I made accordion "flowers" and circle punched out papers and distressed the edges. To make sure they stayed I hot glue-gunned them to a cardboard backing. You can cover it with paper so it matches. Then I rolled paper and made "stems" to hold the flowers to.
And your done.

Here are a couple of cards that I got done for the blog the other day also:
I just LOVED this tree and fussy cut it out:
Then I went with totally non traditional colors for this next card:
I am sooo in Halloween mode can you tell?????
Have a good one.. Happy Hump day!!!

8 comments :

  1. Congrats on making the DT!!! I LOVE your cool altered project and your cards are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABulous projects and congrats on the new DT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveeeeeeeeeeee these projects! Such fun papers and love love love love the colors!!!! And HUGE CONGRATS on the DT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big congrats on the DT!! That is awesome. And I love your altered project, the folded flowers are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, such vibrant fun projects! Huge congrats on making the DT - so well deserved. Your work is amazing!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute project! You did a great job. It will be fun working with you on the dt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your Halloween bouquet and I can't wait to work with you on the Scrapbook USA Expo Design Team! You've got some skills, that is for sure!! --Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute Halloween projects Wendi, congrats on making the DT!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments!