Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Halloween Countdown Project

Hello everyone.. I'm up on the Practical Scrappers blog today with this project....

It's not secret that one of my FAVORITE holidays is Halloween.. I probably count down the days just as much as my kids do. I enjoy everything about the holiday- from dressing up, pumpkin patches, being scared, and taking the kids trick or treating. So I thought it would be perfect to have a Halloween countdown sign in our house. 

Here is my finished project:
For my base, I wanted to use something sturdy, so I used just a priority shipping mailbox and cut it down to a 9x9 base:
Next I started mounting my papers onto the board. I used several layers to add lots of fun colors and patterns:
Then I started adding embellishments to decorate it. Next I added the countdown numbers. A quick easy way to do this is use post it notes:
And finally, I just added some ribbon to hang it up with:
Now all we have to do is tear off each day and before you know it, it will be Halloween!!!!

(Remember this can be made for ANY holiday, birthday or special event).

Thanks sooo much for joining us today and letting me share my countdown project with you.

Also linking up with the Halloween Link Party at Polish the Stars.

Happy Halloween!!!!

4 comments :

  1. How adorable and what a fun idea!! Love the papers and embellies you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love love loveeeeeeeeeee this!!! LOVING the critters!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is this!!??!! I love that you used recycled cardboard and love that little ghost!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments!