Monday, January 28, 2013

Mexican Shepherd's Pie

Hello and good evening..

Last week, I was looking for some new recipes, since I feel like I've been in a rut, kinda making the same things again and again. I came across this one, and it caught my attention.... Mexican Shepard's Pie.. I was kinda unsure at first, because I didn't know how the potatoes would mix with Mexican food.

So here is my pinspiration:
Mexican Shepherd’s Pie 

I ended up altering it quite a bit. We have the leftover mashed potatoes already so I didn't need to make anymore. I also didn't add green onions, cuz with kids, they won't eat them. Then I went out on a limb and changed the ground beef to chicken. We had a whole chicken the night before and lots of chicken leftover so I knew chicken might work better... and it did..
Here's my cooked dish:
I liked it because it made a 9x13. We ate most of it, but had some leftovers for the kids for their after school snack the next day.
Here's the side view: chicken on the bottom, salsa, corn, mashed potatos and cheese on top:
And we added guacamole on top and tortilla chips and it was a HIT!!!!!
everyone LOVED it!!!! totally going to be making this again reallly soon!!!!

I'm linking up with the Pinspiration Project #21....
 

Hope you give it a try!!! if everyone at my table is happy, I am also!!!

5 comments :

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments!