Monday, January 7, 2013

Negative Space

Hello and Good Morning 

Today on the Practical Scrappers blog, the On Trend team has a post up all about using negative space, and there is quite the variety of projects up there to check out.

At first, I was super stumped on this challenge, but then the more I mulled it over, I finally came up with this page.
Here is my layout using negative space:
I used some Echo Park Note to Self for my layout, perfect for my boy pages.
I used negative space made with my star and circle punches, and then I used the punched shapes as embellishements through out the layout. Doodling inside the negative space, I added some depth.
Doodling inside of the shapes:
These photo of Austin were taken at the beach last year when the solar eclipse was here. I LOVE the photos, and been saving them to scrap for quite awhile.

I also used the Creative Scrappers sketch #242

and played along with ScrapFit's warm up challenge #35 Negative Punches.

Have a good one and Happy Monday!!!

9 comments :

  1. Love your negative space layout! I have trouble with this, too. You rocked it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the negative spaces and your added doodling! Fun page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwwwwwwwwww!! This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors, the stars and the grid design is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great LO! I love the way you doodled inside the negative space!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am "positive" you made a wonderful layout using the "negative" :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous page!! Love the doodling in the negative space!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page Wendi!! Love the EP and the way you used the negatives and positives on your page! Thanks for working out with us @ ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great page, love that range of papers. Thanks for joining in with us at CREATIVE SCRAPPERS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely layout and to accent those beautiful photos!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments!